1st Advanced Cochlear Implant Workshop being held on 22-25 July 2013, in Melbourne, Australia
This is an introductory email to inform you about the 1st Advanced Cochlear Implant Workshop being held on 22-25 July 2013, in Melbourne, Australia – as this event maybe may be of interest to your staff and/or members.
The workshop is being organised by the Hearing Cooperative Research Centre, the University of Melbourne and the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital – organisations that have a proud record in cochlear implant innovation and implantee management.
· Changes in cochlear implantee candidacy and its impact on rehabilitation
· Approaches to paediatric rehabilitation
· Electrophysiology and cochlear implants
· Managing difficult patients
· Improving the delivery of cochlear implant services through Lean Management Principles
· Challenges for future technologies and services.
For ENT Surgeons
· Management of infection
· Cochlea malformation/Ossification
· Temporal bone growth in children
· Electrode choices and characteristics
· Cochleostomy and electrode insertion lab.
For further information about this workshop (included cost) go here: http://www.hearingcrc.org/education-and-training/professional-education/cochlear-implant-training-workshops
Please feel free to email me with any questions about this workshop.
HEARnet & Media Manager
The HEARing CRC & HEARworks
creating sound value TM
550 Swanston Street
Audiology, Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Melbourne VIC 3010
p: (03) 9035 3987
f: (03) 9347 9736
m: 0431 426 623